Citibank Nigeria invites eligible candidates to fill online application form for the recruitment of Client Desk Banker.
Interested candidates may apply online at the Citibank Nigeria Careers website for which the Bank has maintained the portal.
Know all the necessary information present in this article with confidence so that you do not face any problem in filling the Citibank Client Desk Banker Application Form.
Job title: Client Desk Banker
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Institutional Banking
GSG serves a select number of world-leading corporations that demand the highest standards and world-class quality coverage. We strive to be the market’s leading provider of financial services to local affiliates of Citi’s ICG Clients: the world’s largest and most prominent multi-national corporations.
The Client Desk is a GSG coverage model responsible for single or multi-product relationships with the goal of increasing our wallet share as well as clients’ satisfaction. The desk covers existing Platinum, Gold, Silver & cross-over Bronze corporate clients with simple flow business needs highly concentrated in TTS and FX with the majority being non-borrowing relationships.
Client interactions are held mainly via telephone, with face-to-face visits occurring periodically for major clients.
The RM will form part of the SSA Client Desk, which has hubs in Johannesburg, Nairobi, Dar es Salam and Dakar ensuring coverage of the 11 Citi in-presence countries on the continent.
The Client Desk RM will be responsible for a portfolio of Global Subsidiaries based in Nigeria The focus of this role is to protect existing revenues, exit non-profitable relationships, and originate net new revenues from the full suite of ICG products.
Direct responsibility for driving the GSG portfolio and elevating the presence of Citi and GSG within the country through disciplined calling, client events, and encouraging the outside Citi network to focus on your client base.
Strengthen the client relationship by working closely with product partners across ICG.
Key client contact point & ultimately responsible for all aspects of the relationship with the customer, including revenue generation, sales and service provision, compliance, and risk management.
- Partner with PAM teams, Risk, service organisation, product, and sales teams to achieve the best solutions for a portfolio of clients.
- Prospect new clients and acquire new business from these clients building up local/regional relationships.
- Ensure we are fully connected with all compliance and risk management policies.
- Improve knowledge of clients’ needs from information sharing, and regular client calling programs.
- Enhance collaboration across product and customer groups. Partner with product specialists to drive overall client satisfaction, build client loyalty, and respond to client escalation issues.
- Understand the dynamics of the local financial markets, banking industry, and regulatory environment.
- Know your competition and be able to provide critical input to win transactions.
- Manage client’s expectations and effectively engage in difficult discussions with clients.
- Experience working within a cross-regional SSA team that allows for building network relationships outside of the country base.
- Prospect of moving into complex RM role after a couple of years
- Opportunity to be part of a highly visible strategic initiative for GSG
- Ownership of target market portfolio and being successful in a highly competitive market.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in banking or financial services with client management and/or sales responsibilities.
- Knowledge of banking products (TTS, FX, CPM).
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis and financial math.
- Knowledge of Citi risk and compliance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Citi systems.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Disciplined, highly organized, and self-motivated.
- Highly accurate worker with a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to perform under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Results and service-oriented.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, required to work in a highly demanding teamwork environment. Be a complete “team player”.
- Excellent communication and sales skills.
- Ability to manage and solve problems and conflicts.
- Strong leadership and influence skills.
- Respect for Compliance and Controls
- Professional degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration a plus.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Click here to apply online