Applications are invited by Citibank Nigeria from eligible candidates for the recruitment of Country Tax Manager Post.
Candidates willing to contribute for Citibank Nigeria Country Tax Manager Recruitment should submit online application at Citibank Nigeria Careers Portal.
Know all the necessary information present in this article with confidence so that you do not face any problem in filling the Citibank Country Tax Manager Application Form.
- Job Title: Country Tax Manager
- Job Req ID 21334084
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Job Category Finance
Provide support to the Citi Country Finance Officer (CFO) to protect the Franchise and to ensure Citi is appropriately managing Tax related risks as it affects the business activities in the country.
Proactively identify and resolve country tax issues, supporting the financial reporting, control and management of legal vehicles in compliance with legal, tax and regulatory requirements.
- Oversight and management of all direct and indirect tax processes
- Management of external tax consultants and Citi’s local relationship with the Revenue Authorities
- Management and escalation of tax audits, investigations and tax litigations etc.
- Review of Local tax law changes and implications (and inform senior management appropriately)
- Management of all corporate tax requirements
- WHT offshore payments relating to profit remittance
- Managing tax governance, risks and controls and related controls
- Income tax accruals, Contingent tax reserves and Effective Tax Rate management
- Review and Assessment/notice orders negotiations
- Intercompany ICSAs review and sign-off including APS reconciliations
- Transfer pricing documentations and reconciliations
- Tax balance sheet accounts including deferred tax assets, FIN 48 reserves etc.
- Responsible for oversight over taxes that are applicable to the Bank.
- Ensure that the control environment remains safe and sound by liaising with Operational Risk Management (ORM), Compliance, Legal and the Regulatory Reporting Governance Committee (RRGC).
- Act as regulatory liaison by proactively dealing with the requirements of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Tax Authorities and regulators.
- Analytical and Financial Skills: applicant must acquire an understanding of the Firm’s financials, balance sheet and income statement with ICG Institutional Client Group, ability to discern key drivers and risk/opportunities.
- Communication skills: will be interacting with senior management within Citi, on a variety of internally driven and function driven deliverables.
- Teamwork/Relationship Management: the position requires extensive teamwork, partnership and collaboration across Finance and other functions
- Working knowledge of banking products and business
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Good teamwork and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power point and word office software.
Academic Qualification / Other Requirements
- Minimum of First Degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Possession of ACA, ACCA, CFA or other relevant professional qualification or relevant higher degree required
- Minimum of 15 Years post-graduation experience, of which 10 years ideally be within the banking sector with 3 years as SM with experience in at least three (3) major areas of banking operations.
- Good Accounting and tax skills
- Financial Modeling and analytical skills
Click here to apply online now