Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) offers job opportunities to anyone who is unemployed and needs a job. You can apply for the following ECOWAS Recruitment 2020.
ECOWAS is recruiting to fill the position of Communication And Advocacy Officer on a permanent basis for Dakar, Senegal, West Africa. Interested candidates can apply till 19 November 2020.
This is a verified and certified job whose information has been published here.
Let us read about ECOWAS Communication And Advocacy Officer Recruitment Updates, Current Status, Job Title, Requirements, Applications, Shortlisted Candidates, and other information.
Position Title: Communication And Advocacy Officer
Recruitment Institute/Agency/Company/Organization: GIABA – ECOWAS
Job Location: Dakar, Senegal, West Africa
Mini. Requirements: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in journalism, public relations, mass communication or related field from a recognized university;
Salary (Annual): UA57,772.51 USD 91,153.46
Other details: 10 years responsible experience in journalism, communications, public relations, of which at least 2 years relevant international work and 2 years at a supervisory level;
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
How to Apply: By email
Last Date for Application: 19th November 2020
Under the supervision of the Director-General and the Director-General of the Logos and Abidjan Information Centers, responsible for developing communication and advocacy strategies and contacting any Director General of Information deemed AML / CFT, human. Rights and governance.
- Conduct research, analysis and ensure the monitoring of information on communication products;
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of activity/advocacy/sensitization programmes;
- Ensure the planning, coordination, and control of activities of the Communication and Advocacy Unit;
- Ensure internal and external visibility of the actions and results of the Unit;
- Ensure the coordination of the team of collaborators of the Department;
- Ensure the collection of information from various sources;
- Ensure the analysis of current issues and assess their potential impact;
- Ensure evaluation of the effectiveness of the information campaigns;
- Identify and propose topics for the information bulletin, datasheets, public announcements or press releases, and other promotion tools;
- Ensure the treatment of interview requests;
- Participate in the sensitization activities of the Director-General in the region;
- Ensure the treatment of various requests for information from third parties;
- Ensure the promotion of partnerships with the civil society, particularly the media;
- Ensure the preparation of speeches of the Director-General;
- Support GIABA’s network of national correspondents;
- Establish and manage the public information center of the Institution;
- Participate in the improvement and enrichment of the GIABA website;
- Make proposals on all activities pertaining to his missions;
- Accomplish any other task that could be entrusted to him by the DG.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
A postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in journalism, mass communication, mass communication or related field from a recognized university;
10 years of responsible experience in journalism, communications, public relations, including at least 2 years at relevant international work and 2 years at supervisory level;
Able to develop content and implement complex communication strategies to raise awareness of programs and priorities;
Draft knowledge of communication strategies and plans to ensure visibility to key audiences, including the media;
How to apply
The last date to apply is 19th November 2020.
To apply, download the ECOWAS Job Application Form from here.
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to email@example.com.