Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is looking for qualified and experienced people to fill the job of a Consumer & Trade Activation Supervisor. Read on to learn more about the job.
JTI is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. Our 45,000 people come from all over the world, representing more than 100 nationalities. We market world-renowned brands in more than 130 countries with 409 offices, 29 factories, and 8 research & development centers.
Job Title: Consumer & Trade Activation Supervisor
Job ID: 41821
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Professional area: Marketing
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
Consumer and trade activation supervisors to be responsible for assigned markets/projects:
- Participate actively in brand management and new product development initiatives
- Develop and implement effective branded consumer and business programs focused on achieving SOM objectives as well as other KPIs
- Ensure timely and accurate admin support (budget planning and control, reporting) for the West Africa Organization
- The incumbent will report directly to Marketing Director West Africa and partly to Marketing Manager West Africa.
Core areas of responsibility
- Actively contribute to new product development briefings, including close collaboration with R&D and global supply chain departments to ensure timely development
- Assist Marketing Manager West Africa in developing strategies and plans for assigned brands
- Support the marketing manager in business management of the largest local brands
- Ensure that all brand portfolio strategies are executed within global guidelines by working closely with HQ brand groups
- Closely with legal and corporate affairs teams to ensure that all marketing and business programs and initiatives are compliant with JTI Global Marketing Standards and Market Regulation.
Branded Consumer Activation and Communication:
Develop consumer programs for assigned markets and coordinate their timely implementation:
- Create and manage consumer promotional initiatives within brand guidelines
- Plan and develop consumer activities across all channels and touchpoints
- Measure performance and recommend corrective actions
Branded Business Activation and Communication:
Develop branded business activities affecting awareness and equity for assigned markets and coordinate their timely implementation:
- Business and Channel Priority
- Brand KPI: numerical distribution, weighted distribution
- Portfolio priority
- Category, Shelf, Merchandising, POPM
- Branded Business Promotional Initiative
- Measure performance and recommend corrective actions for branded initiatives
Budget Planning and Control:
- Manage multiple marketing agencies and international suppliers in a timely and cost-effective manner, ensuring compliance with JTI standards in the context of procurement and payment processes
- Manage procurement requirements process with timely and accurate preparation required to confirm payment to the seller, ensuring proper documentation as per JTI standards
- Monitoring marketing budget usage, tracking actual spending, and monthly phased planning
- Support the Global Direct Procurement Team on any vendor and/or budget reporting requirements
Actively contribute to the preparation of:
- Regular reports and business presentations (ex: brand boards, monthly market sales reports, business cases, performance analysis, annual plans, business statements)
- Any other type of work as they arise and at the request of the manager
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales, marketing, or administration, preferably in an FMCG environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Proficiency with an understanding of Microsoft Office tools and SAP applications required.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online, click here to apply