Summit Recruitment’s client, the first of its kind to create a sustainable platform for e-mobility services on the water in emerging markets.
Based on Homabay County, they are seeking to recruit an entrepreneurial Country Director to contribute to the business strategy and build a transformative business with huge social impact and commercial scale.
The ideal candidate Must be a naturally driven leader and hands-on individual, who will take on real and shaping and delivering innovative solutions, by quickly becoming involved in day-to-day tasks and leading by example.
Job Title: Country Director
Job Type: Permanent.
Location: Homabay, Kenya.
Career Level: Executive Level.
Salary:Monthly Gross salary: Ksh. 300,000 – 600,000 (Approx. 3,000 – 6,000 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline:30th January 2021.
- Grow commercial operations by being responsible for setting goals/objectives and plans for business growth.
- Establish and improve robust systems and processes to deliver objectives in the most efficient and effective way.
- Oversee the identification of and negotiation with suppliers to procure components at appropriate prices, timelines, and specifications to meet business needs.
- Build trust and synergetic relations with key suppliers, partners, and stakeholders; act as a point of contact for important shareholders, and clearly guide expert engineers/consultants on individual technology projects.
- Recruit, lead, and motivate staff to advance employee engagement and develop a world-class team.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, priorities, and markets and act as a spokesperson and thought leader for Company when relevant.
- A (post)degree (with honors or distinction) in Business, Operations Management, or a related field.
- Experience working in a start-up, social enterprise, or scaling commercial operations in a related field is highly preferred.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand the market, business intelligence, and stay updated on industry-related technical developments
- An entrepreneur who has grown a business before, with extensive and proven experience delivering business operations that fully respond to customer needs.
- Operations ‘guru’ with proficiency in scaling commercial operations, technology, business systems, and after-sales functions.
- Experience applying principles of Operational Excellence and Lean Management
- Engineering understanding and strong project management skills.
- Experience working with rural communities or the off-grid market. East Africa, leasing and/or consumer durables experience preferred.
- Humble, curious, and influential leader with strong people management skills.
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities and deliver high-quality work on schedule and work with multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Creative, analytical, and structured thinker with the ability to simplify complex details without cutting corners or losing sight of the big picture.
- Highly effective and culturally sensitive communicator; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates click here to apply online and visit the Summit Recruitment website for other openings.