African Development Bank is looking for a well-educated person who can fulfill the position of Director, Regional Integration, RDRI Recruitment 2021.
Director RDRI status reports to VP RDVP. The position is critical to the attainment of the Bank’s Integrated Africa agenda.
Job title: Director, Regional Integration, RDRI
Position N°: 50092552
Duty station: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Closing date: 05-Feb-2021
The director is responsible for all aspects of the planning and execution of the activities of the department. This responsibility is responsible for discharging responsibilities, modeling behaviors and maintaining technical and managerial competencies (listed below) as directors in the RDVP complex. Accountability means being responsible for quality, risk, results, institutional initiatives and compliance with bank policies and procedures and keeping the department at the forefront through necessary upgrades and innovation.
- Master’s degree or its equivalent minimum in Economics, International Relations / Business, Law, Social or any other related international development fields.
- A Masters degree plus a Complete course in Leadership and Project Management certification is desirable;
- Minimum 10 years of extensive and intensive experience in difficult and soft regional integration issues at managerial level or in leadership roles with at least five (5) years of experience;
- Experience gained from a similar International Development Institute is desirable;
- First-rate interpersonal skills; Demonstrated ability to present support for ideas and win; A good listener; cultural sensitivity; Commitment to diversity; Ability to initiate and transform innovations;
- Ability to form partnerships with a wide range of clients and deliver results that meet customer needs and long-term interests within and outside the institution;
- Strong ability to analyze actions from a stakeholders’ perspective, and to translate strategic thinking into compelling action plans;
- Demonstrated ability to take prudent business risks and make effective, timely, and well-determined decisions.
Managerial / Leadership Capabilities:
- Provides thought leadership to encourage innovation, and raises awareness of the department as a center of excellence in regional integration;
- Demonstrate the ability to build and lead motivated and committed multi-disciplinary teams of experts across functional boundaries, and to effectively and effectively harness the talents and expertise of team members;
- Demonstrates the ability to support and win ideas;
- Motivates teams with a focus on customer orientation, results, strong cross-unit coordination, and problem-solving;
- Develops strong managerial and technical talent and actively engages in strategic employee planning and succession planning with appropriate delegation;
- The model provides integrity and inclusion, and mentoring and career development opportunities for employees;
- Determines direction and requirements for, and actively participates in recruitment, boarding, and training of employees.
- Good experience in project management, development, and regional integration issues;
- Capability in the use of Bank standard software applications (SAP, Microsoft Office, Collaboration Suite);
- People Management: Engages employees regularly, and manages direct reports to achieve maximum output;
- Operational efficacy: A commitment to ensure that the organization’s systems, processes, and culture are fully utilized to deliver the required results;
- Innovation and Creativity: Commitment to discover and produce innovative and creative approaches to activities to enhance performance and generate additional benefits for the bank and its customers;
- Problem Solving: Applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems, and identifies solutions to the benefit of the customer (internal and external) and the organization;
- Professional expertise: Continually expands understanding of relevant business products, practices, and systems/technology, and actively shares knowledge and expertise with others;
- Customer Orientation: Ensures that customers (internal or external) are given priority; Tries to understand, and when appropriate, anticipates customer needs; The customer receives the best possible service from the bank;
- Persuasion skills: The ability to “sell” an idea to support co-financing in a project or to generate new business for the bank.
How to apply
If you are a well-educated person and consider yourself eligible for this position, click here and submit an online application otherwise go to African Development Bank Career Portal for information related to other vacancies.