Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) offers job opportunities to anyone who is unemployed and needs a job. You can apply for the following ECOWAS Recruitment 2021.
ECOWAS is recruiting to fill the position of Director Transport on a permanent basis for Accra, Ghana. Interested candidates can apply till 07th February 2021.
This is a verified and certified job whose information has been published here.
Let us read about ECOWAS Director Transport Recruitment Updates, Current Status, Job Title, Requirements, Applications, Shortlisted Candidates, and other information.
Position Title: Director Transport
- Recruitment Institute/Agency/Company/Organization: ECOWAS Commission
- Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Mini. Requirements: Master’s degree or equivalent qualification;
- Salary (Annual): UA 81,435.54 USD128,488.99
- Other details: 12 years of experience;
- Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
- How to Apply: By email
- Last Date for Application: 07th February 2021
Under the supervision of the Commissioner, Infrastructure, the incumbent shall lead three (3), technical divisions, namely:
- (i) Roads and Railways;
- (ii) Maritime Transport, Transport Facilitation and Corridors; and
- (iii) Air Transport.
The Director of Transport will therefore provide leadership and manage the Transport portfolio in line with Article 32 of the ECOWAS Treaty which seeks to support the Member States evolve Common transport policies, laws & regulations, develop an extensive network of railways & all-weather highways within the Community, priority being given to Interstate Highways, improve maritime transportation and logistics, ensure a vibrant, affordable and well-connected Air Transport to support the Free movement of goods, persons and services.
- Advice on the preparation and implementation of common Transportation Policies, Laws & Regulations for the ECOWAS Community ;
- Implement interventions aimed at supporting the development of an extensive network of railways and the transformation of the community highways network into world-class development corridors to spur economic growth within their zone of influence;
- Develop short, medium, and long term programs and plans for the planning, construction, rehabilitation, and/or maintenance of road and railways infrastructure in the ECOWAS region;
- Formulate programs and projects for the improvement of Maritime transport including coastal shipping services & interstate inland waterways;
- Promote the development of an affordable, reliable, well connected, and efficient Regional air transportation services within the West African Region and beyond;
- Develop policies, programs, and strategies to ensure the standardization of the transportation services and systems in road transport (vehicles, loading limits, signage, design norms, equipment, maintenance & repairs, etc.); Air Transport (Aircrafts, Airports, Safety and Security, Pricing, etc.); Railway (gauges, rolling stock. Signaling, services and operations, management, etc.) and maritime (Port infrastructure capacity and security – ISPS compliant, port efficiency, etc.), as well as other transport modes, deemed necessary in line with modern best practices;
- Perform managerial responsibilities for scheduling and resourcing project teams, preparing sector budgets, and the corresponding staff development measures to ensure implementation;
- Provide business support functions including financial management of projects, assistance with the preparation of bids and submissions, and the development and mentoring of other staff;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Transport, Civil Engineering, Transport economics, Transport Policy/Planning or in a similar field from a recognized University.
- 12 years of progressive experience in the management of skills in the area of transport policy (road, sea, rail or air), infrastructure, engineering in a National or International structure;
- Experience of infrastructure analysis in the context of developing countries including 5 years of relevant international work and 5 years at a supervisory level with demonstrated ability to oversee and lead policy development processes and programmes;
- Extensive experience in infrastructure projects;
- Experience managing at least 3 transport-related projects at the regional, multinational or continental levels in at least two (2) key transport modes (Maritime, Rail, Air, and Road).
- Experience in multi-modal transport that integrates all transport modes including air transport, railway development, port, and border operations, transit systems, inland container depots, warehousing, and logistics clusters
- Proven competence and capacity to engage member states in the implementation and enforcement of Common Transport Market policies; ability to support the establishment and operationalization of more viable, competitive, and profitable regional Airlines to support the Regional Integration Agenda; ability to coordinate the smooth operation of major aviation organizations of relevance to the West African Region;
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of the regional project and programme management, implementation, and monitoring with inter-governmental agencies, private actors, and international support groups within the framework of ECOWAS Infrastructure Strategy;
- Applied knowledge of infrastructural development to support economic priorities (macro), options for pro-poor infrastructure service delivery, infrastructure financing, budgeting, and fund sourcing;
- Good knowledge of public infrastructure in West Africa, mindful of the opportunities and challenges;
- Ability to work with development partners, sub-regional bodies, Africa Union, and other Regional Economic Communities to develop and implement development corridor initiatives, ports infrastructure, and maritime transport and logistics programs and solutions for the economic and social development of West Africa;
- Experience in implementing at least three (3) projects using development partners’ procurement and disbursement procedures such as European Union, World Bank, DFID, AfDB, JICA, etc.;
How to apply
The last date to apply is 07th February 2021.
To apply, download the ECOWAS Job Application Form from here.
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.