The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has requested interested and eligible candidates to fill the application for Legal Adviser Recruitment 2020.
Candidates interested in applying for the post of ECOWAS Legal Adviser can view the full article to know more.
We publish on eajobscorner.com only after getting verified and authentic information on job recruitment.
Read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlist candidates, and other information.
Position: Legal Adviser
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: Inter-Governmental Action Group against Money laundering and financing terrorism in West Africa (GIABA / ECOWAS)
Annual Salary: UA50,354.45 – USD 79,449.26
Job Location: Dakar, Senegal, West Africa
Division: Legal and Law Enforcement
Line Supervisor: Principal Officer, Legal and Law Enforcement Officer
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: email@example.com
Last date for apply: 19th November 2020
Job Role Overview:
Under the supervision and direction of the Principal Officer, the Law and Law Enforcement Officer shall be responsible for conducting the following functions.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Legal entity supervision;
- Coordination of mutual evaluation of member countries;
- Participate fully in the GIBA Mutual Assessment Practice and Draft Reporting on the Mutual Assessment Reporting (MER) sections across relevant recommendations and immediate results;
- Conduct training of assessors; Pre-assessment training; Training on FATF standards and procedures;
- Report analysis of member countries;
- Organizing GIABA evaluation and compliance group meetings;
- Identify, design, and implement capacity-building activities in the legal sector;
- Conduct capacity building activities on issues in the legal sector for the concerned stakeholders in the member states;
- Assist in the development and revision of the AML / CFT legal framework at the national and regional levels;
- Participate in other capacity building activities organized by a unit or department other than a legal entity;
- Provide input for the revision of FATF standards; Method; Guidance and best practice paper; Universal ME method; GIABA ME methods and procedures and other tools aimed at improving AML / CFT compliance by member states;
- Attend the FATF Working Group and the full meeting as part of the GIABA delegation when and where required;
- Prepare draft reports for the GIABA Statutory Meeting (TC / Finished; GMC and any other form);
- Provide input to GIABA’s annual reports, strategic plans; Annual Action Plan or any relevant disclosure to GIABA and/or AML / CFT Global Network members;
- Maybe the case as an expert or representative participating in mutual assessment and training activities of other assessment agencies;
- Participate in member countries’ technical assistance evaluations on legal issues related to ATM / CFT compliance;
- To serve as part of the internal legal team at the GIABA Secretariat;
- Serve as a member of the nominating committee of the GIABA Secretariat as may be assigned from time to time;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in specialized law in international, administrative, or commercial law from a recognized university;
Experience in progressive responsibilities as an attorney in the legal office of an intergovernmental organization or private consulting firm is recommended;
Knowledge of international law; Ability to apply a comprehensive analysis of various complex and unusual legal issues and problems and to develop legal skills in developing innovative and creative solutions;
Knowledge of the legal issues related to the work, structure, and activities of international organizations;
Proficiency in legal writing and ability to prepare legal summaries, opinions or legal presentations, and various legal materials and related documents.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.