The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has requested interested and eligible candidates to fill the application for Principal Officer, Human Resources Recruitment 2020.
Candidates interested in applying for the post of ECOWAS Principal Officer, Human Resources can view the full article to know more.
We publish on eajobscorner.com only after getting verified and authentic information on job recruitment.
Read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlist candidates, and other information.
Position: Principal Officer, Human Resources
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Parliament
Annual Salary: UA66, 123.98, USD104, 330.42
Duty Station: Abuja
Division: HR Division
Line Supervisor: Director, administration. & finance
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for apply: 31st October 2020
Job Role Overview:
The Director, under the supervision of administration and finance, will advise management on incumbent HR matters and coordinate HR functions at all levels to ensure a high quality, productive, and motivated workforce. Parliament.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Proposal of internal policies for the smooth management of Parliament’s workforce, along with management’s advice on existing ECOWAS HR policies;
- Advice and guidance from the divisional heads on staff management under their supervision to help them achieve maximum productivity within a cooperative environment;
- Assist in developing a detailed strategy related to recruitment, career management, award management, and other HR practices in line with best practice;
- To propose and develop strategic partnerships for long-term capacity building of staff members for their current and future jobs, and also for capacity building of Members of Parliament;
- Contribute to implementing in-house, ECOWAS initiatives in job design/review/development, talent management, and general periodic institutional reforms;
- Supervising and coordinating HR staff and HR service delivery such as benefits processing, health, and welfare services, leave management, staff evaluation, and progress, etc. to the institution and staff members.
- Contribute to succession planning and prudent recruitment of staff to ensure a good supply of competitive talents to help advance the course of Parliament;
- Contact and collaborate with community HR family to ensure common HR practices, shared experiences, and mutual support
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, Social Sciences, or Humanities from a recognized University.
Ten (10) years of professional experience in Human Resource Management, of which at least 2 years relevant international work and 2 years at a supervisory level;
Broad knowledge of human resources management with in-depth knowledge of practices, procedures, and processes in several of the following sub-functions: recruitment and promotion, training and executive development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, HR information systems, analytics, reporting, monitoring, strategic and workforce planning, talent management, salary administration and financial planning, pension and organizational design/position administration;
Demonstrated practical knowledge of relevant employment laws, rules, regulations, and principles with a deep understanding of opportunities and challenges unique to public sector management and international organizations;
Knowledge of change management and organizational development, preferably in diversified and geographically dispersed public-sector and/or international organizations;
Ability to lead on policy and program development initiatives, carry out consultations, produce options and research impacts/risks.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to email@example.com.