Are you searching for work in ECOWAS Nigeria, here is the job information related to ECOWAS Recruitment 2020? Information about every job published here is accurate.
There is a vacancy for the post of Accounting Assistant in Ecowas. If you want to apply for this job then you have to fill the ECOWAS job application form and send it to the email id given.
Read about Ecowas recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
Position: Accounting Assistant
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Commission
Grade: G4, G5, G6
Annual Salary: UA18,089.21 USD28,541.16/UA22,874.75 USD36,901.78/UA27,232.27 USD43,110.66
Duty Station: ACCRA
Department: OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
Division: OFFICE OF THE RESIDENT REPRESENTATIVE – GHANA
Line Supervisor: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Role Overview:
The incumbent reports to the Administrative Officer who supervises the activities and the assigned task of the Accounting Assistant in the area of accounting as stated in the roles and responsibilities below.
Job Role And Responsibilities:
- Assist in the year-end closing of accounts and preparation of the financial statements;
- Monthly exports and review of the trial balance of the year in review and note areas with issues;
- Assist in analyzing of all general ledger accounts (Payables, receivables, Income & expenses) and adjust/propose corrections where necessary;
- Preparation of journal vouchers and post into accounting system;
- Amortization/expensing of utilized prepaid accounts;
- Clearing of General Ledger open items;
- Respond and provide requested information/documents to external auditors on issues raised during the year-end audit and recommend/ propose ways to correct them;
- Assist the Administrative Officer in liaising with external auditors in the closing of accounts and preparation of reports;
- Assist other accounting activities like accounts payables, bank reconciliation, receivables, etc and with issues/proposed adjustments raised during the financial year audit;
- Receive vendor invoices, scan/import the images, verify data extraction is accurate, and route the documents into the electronic workflow for processing;
- Verify and post scanned invoices using appropriate transaction codes in SAP;
- Identify and prevent duplicate invoice processing;
- Identify missing vendor workflow and initiate the vendor creation process;
- Process invoices in accordance with SAP requirements and ECOWAS financial policies and procedures;
- Obtain and attach additional documentation as required for special expenditures including capital expenses;
- Monitor opportunities to optimize the timing of payments, based on payment terms;
- Process disbursements in accordance with schedule;
- Reconcile supplier statements and monitor vendor account balances;
- Enter and post cash receipts into the accounting software system (SAP) using the appropriate transaction codes;
- Post all payments made or received by wire transfer timely and accurately;
- Prepare accurate bank reconciliation statements on a monthly and timely basis;
- Respond to internal and external queries in a timely and in a professional manner;
- Assist in resolving invoice discrepancies with the vendor;
- Process payable documents in accordance with their legal and compliance policies;
- Process and release cheques for related invoices and claims promptly;
- Verify outgoing cheques for accuracy;
- Assist in the archiving of department documentation;
- Process staff expense claim and travel return forms in a timely manner;
- Provide general filing and administrative support to the finance department;
- Assist in maintaining detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances, producing forecasts of expenditure; reconcile divisional accounts with central accounts;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Brevet technician Superieur (BTS)/Ordinary National Diploma(OND) or equivalent certificate in finance specialty, Accounting or a related field from a recognized University;
5 years of progressively more responsible work experience in finance, budget, accounting, or related area;
Demonstrated professional competence to extract, interpret, and analyze a wide variety of accounting data and to resolve data discrepancies and other problems;
Knowledge of transactional-based accounting activities such as budgeting, payroll, vendor claims processing, reconciliation, and financial reporting as related to assigned responsibilities;
Ability to identify and resolve accounting data discrepancies and operational problems.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to email@example.com.