Are you searching for work in ECOWAS Nigeria, here is the job information related to ECOWAS Recruitment 2020? Information about every job published here is accurate.
There is a vacancy for the post of Programme Officer Aquaculture Development in Ecowas. If you want to apply for this job then you have to fill the ECOWAS job application form and send it to the email id given.
Read about Ecowas recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
Position: Programme Officer Aquaculture Development
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Commission
Grade: P3, P4
Annual Salary: UA49,106.81,USD77480.72/UA56,591.37,USD89,289.87
Duty Station: Abuja
Department: Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources
Line Supervisor: Principal Proramme Officer Animal Resources Development
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: email@example.com
Last date for apply: 10th November 2020
Job Role Overview:
Under the supervision of the Principal Program Officer, the person in charge of animal resource development should monitor and coordinate ECOWAS activities related to the development of sustainable, efficient, and well-governed aquaculture practices while minimizing the use of pesticides.
The Program Officer must develop strategies and programs aimed at maximizing the positive impact of aquaculture on the economic, social, and environmental priorities of ECOWAS member countries, including food and nutrition security, in line with ECOWAP goals.
Job Role And Responsibilities:
- Ensure the development and monitoring in the implementation of policies, strategies, and regulations of ECOWAS and the Member States in the field of aquaculture development,
- Create the conditions favorable to the generation of knowledge and coordinate their sharing, innovations and best practices, and the transfer of skills between the actors in aquaculture production,
- Formulate and propose regional projects and actions of investment for young people and women in aquaculture sectors and allow to mobilize international support funds,
- Contribute to the development of a work program for the production of aquatic animals, as well as to major new areas of work related to the increasing role of aquaculture in rural development,
- Liaises with partners to increase producers’ access to the appropriate services and promote the development of sustainable aquaculture value chains which reduce risks and also guarantee economic and social benefits for actors in the value chain,
- Contribute to the organization of meetings, consultations, and workshops on aspects and activities aimed at the sustainable development of aquaculture,
- Support the establishment of Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) for the promotion of aquaculture industries in the region and for the benefit of stakeholders for the development and production of sustainable aquaculture in the West African context.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in aquaculture, aquatic sciences, fisheries, agriculture, biology and animal nutrition, or in a related discipline or in a closely related field of a recognized University.
Five (5) years of relevant experience in aquaculture development and transformation, including experience in the formulation and/or implementation of aquaculture operations in ECOWAS countries,
Extent and relevance of experience in providing scientific and technical support and advice to research and/or development projects in sustainable aquaculture,
Extent and relevance of experience in planning and implementing research and/or development programs on aquatic animals and their production and interaction with other agricultural sectors,
Demonstrated results-based management skills and ability to effectively support programs, budgets, and human resources in the context of changing priorities,
Extent and relevance of experience in organizing meetings, seminars, and interactive training courses,
Ability to mobilize resources for sustainable aquaculture development.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.