The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has requested interested and eligible candidates to fill the application for Chairman ERERA Recruitment 2020.
Candidates interested in applying for the post of ECOWAS Chairman ERERA can view the full article to know more.
We publish on eajobscorner.com only after getting verified and authentic information on job recruitment.
Read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlist candidates, and other information.
Position: Chairman ERERA
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: Ecowas Commission
Annual Salary: UA 76,359.51 USD120,480.04
Duty Station: Accra, Ghana
Line Supervisor: Commissioner, Energy and Mines
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: email@example.com
Last date for apply: 10th November 2020
Job Role Overview:
The Commissioner will oversee all activities, programs, projects, policies, guidelines related to the development of the regional power market and control of the ECOWAS sector, under the supervision of the Energy and Mines.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- The Chairman is the Chief Approved Officer of the Regulatory Council. He represents the regulatory council in all activities and represents the ERERA in any matter of law;
- Organize, monitor, coordinate and supervise all activities of ERERA and its employees;
- Preparing the agenda, convening and chairing meetings of the Board of Governors;
- Approve and implement the budget prepared by the ERERA Regulatory Council; ECOWAS approved by the Cabinet;
- Ensuring the dissemination and publication of decisions taken by the Control Council on the regulation of cross-border power exchanges within EQWAS and the day-to-day operation of regulatory bodies;
- Supervision of administration, finance, accounting and human resource activities by ERERA;
- Promote group work among Yerra staff to provide clear direction and direction, establish achievable goals and objectives, and enable them to discharge their responsibilities responsibly, effectively, and efficiently;
- Promote a positive work environment, respect for both men and women and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are followed at the center;
- Implement innovation and continuous improvement in support of organizational motivation and world-class performance;
- Update the ECOWAS Commissioner for Power and Mines on an ongoing basis for the development of technology and policy, strategic, administrative, financial, and accounting issues and resources on an ongoing basis;
- Provides technical and policy guidance and input and ensures the implementation of the highest quality standards, within ERERA’s evaluation framework, overseeing and monitoring all ERERA activities;
- Apply for financing agreements and/or technical assistance and communicate regularly with technical and financial partners;
- Details after implementation and monitoring of ERR’s annual budget;
- Evaluation of programs and projects implemented by the Center;
- Preparation of reports and their submission to ERERA statutory bodies;
- Collaborate closely with the West African Power Pool (WAPP) to develop the ECOWAS regional electricity market;
- Increase the capacity of national energy regulatory agencies;
- Do any other work assigned by the higher authority.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
A postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in finance or law from an approved university in a department related to electronic/electronic machine engineering, energy, economics, organization order, and position.
EQWAS diplomacy with a minimum of years of experience in the energy sector, particularly in the field of generation, operation, distribution or sales and/or control, law, economy and finance, financial management, senior leadership skills related to progress in diplomacy; Experience working with member countries and representatives in the context of international organizations; Extensive experience in program and project planning, financing and supervision;
Good knowledge of institutional reform and control of the power sector;
Good knowledge of energy policy issues, especially institutional reforms in the power sector as well as economic issues related to cross-border power exchanges and power market management (planning, tariff/pricing, competition, funding, etc.);
Good knowledge of community organizations and processes in the ECOWAS region, as well as good experience in controlling the power sector in West Africa. Experience in international relations and interaction will be an added benefit;
Knowledge related to policy and strategy development, change management, and broad geographical outcomes/effects;
Ability to lead the development, management/review of technical and policy reporting and papers;
Knowledge of Ecovas policy, management, administrative, budgetary, and staffing systems, procedures, and regulations;
Experience of progressive senior leadership in establishing strategic partnerships, working collaboratively, and building ers consensus with multiple stakeholders on complex and/or complex issues.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.