Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) offers job opportunities to anyone who is unemployed and needs a job. You can apply for the following ECOWAS Recruitment 2021.
ECOWAS is recruiting to fill the position of Political Advisor on a permanent basis for Accra, Ghana. Interested candidates can apply till 07th February 2021.
This is a verified and certified job whose information has been published here.
Let us read about ECOWAS Political Advisor Recruitment Updates, Current Status, Job Title, Requirements, Applications, Shortlisted Candidates, and other information.
Position Title: Political Advisor
- Recruitment Institute/Agency/Company/Organization: ECOWAS Commission
- Job Location: Niamey, Niger
- Mini. Requirements: Master’s degree or equivalent qualification;
- Salary (Annual): UA48,078.94 USD75,858.95/UA55,624.68 USD87,764.62
- Other details: 7 years of experience;
- Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
- How to Apply: By email
- Last Date for Application: 07th February 2021
Under the authority of the Resident Representative, the incumbent will work with the Representative of the ECOWAS Commission’s President to brief him/her on various matters and offer advice on different matters and issues relating to politics in the sub-region.
He/She shall review various matters and provide advice on national and regional politics.
He/She shall also write speeches and communiqués presenting the ideas, options, and views of the Commission in such a way as to inform stakeholders and explain certain positions taken by ECOWAS.
The political adviser shall take into consideration all factors in a given situation, analyse the same and advise the Resident representative. He/She shall present reports from time to time.
- Establish a surveillance system to gather the information that may influence national or regional politics
- Regularly assess political situations and events and their consequences, and render report thereof
- Give appropriate advice regarding the country situation and ECOWAS’ position to the Resident Representative
- Explain the organisation’s positions, draft summary notes and write the Representative’s speech
- Analyse the laws and rules of the area and provide information on the political and economic situation of the country to the Resident Representative
- Assist in the development and implementation of the political content of ECOWAS Commission statutory meetings and the Group of Ambassadors meetings
- Ensure close relations and contacts are maintained with leaders and all political and social bodies to make them understand ECOWAS position on all subjects
- Under the supervision of the Resident Representative, participate in meetings organised by leaders, social actors, or the political class, to which ECOWAS is invited
- Ensure working links and information channels between the Office and the technical departments of the Commission. Organise and implement, under the authority of the Resident Representative, all activity aimed at enhancing the visibility of ECOWAS in Niger
- Contribute to the preparation and organisation of all the Office’s official missions
- Ensure that matters under his/her purview are strategically monitored
- Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned by the Permanent Representative.
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in political science, international relations, social sciences, economics, law, public administration, or a similar field, from a recognised university.
- (7) Seven years’ experience with increasing responsibility in political affairs, governance, diplomacy, conflict resolution, security, or a related field;
- An understanding of political, economic, governance and security, as well as conflict management and resolution dynamics
- Technical skills for the collection of information, research, and analysis with modern technology.
How to apply
The last date to apply is 07th February 2021.
To apply, download the ECOWAS Job Application Form from here.
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.