The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has requested interested and eligible candidates to fill the application for Information Manager – Abidjan Recruitment 2020.
Candidates interested in applying for the post of ECOWAS Information Manager – Abidjan can view the full article to know more.
We publish on eajobscorner.com only after getting verified and authentic information on job recruitment.
Read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlist candidates, and other information.
Position: Information Manager – Abidjan
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: GIABA ECOWAS
Grade: P3, P4
Annual Salary: UA45,511.85 – USD71,808.60 / UA53,235.34 – USD83,994.71
Duty Station: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Division: Communication & Advocacy
Line Supervisor: Communication & Advocacy Officer
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: email@example.com
Last date for apply: 19th November 2020
Job Role Overview:
The Principal Officer will manage and maintain the incoming information center under the supervision of communication and advocacy. He will also be responsible for sensitizing and directing publicity campaigns in French and Portuguese-speaking GIABA member countries.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage information centers;
- To effectively supervise the staff under him;
- Develop and implement sensitivity and publicity activities and activities in the country under their responsibility;
- Monitoring and reporting on media activities as it relates to the work of GIABA on an ongoing basis;
- Maintaining an e-learning training center and providing online training to relevant stakeholders;
- Underlining advocacy activities and facilitating the Director General’s advocacy activities;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with government agencies, professional bodies, academics, students, the private sector, the media and other civil society organizations in support of GIABA’s AML / CFT activities;
- Ensuring extensive media coverage for GIABA activities;
- Maintain a physical library to serve in the AML / CFT Reference Center;
- Assist academics, students, and other researchers studying ML / TF and AML / CFT;
- Contributions to GIABA reports and other publications;
- Ensuring planning, coordination, and control of the activities of the Communication and Advocacy Unit;
- Ensure internal and external visibility of the functionality and results of the Center and produce periodicals, bulletins, newspapers, etc. as required for this purpose;
- Organize periodic press engagements to promote strategic information and GIABA products;
- Support the organization of media events by the Director-General and the staff in charge;
- Assist with communication, sensitivity, and outreach requirements of program activities;
- Support GIABA website maintenance;
- Develop IEC materials for different target groups for production and distribution in different forums;
- Maintaining various stakeholder databases;
- Setting up and maintaining social media and other networking platforms;
- Contribute to the highlights of an interesting image for the organization;
- Plans to support necessary events from time to time;
- Contributions to the Director General’s speech;
- Assist GIABA’s national correspondents to improve their communication strategies and reach;
- Periodically report to line supervisor about implemented activities and results obtained;
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in any field related to public relations, mass communication, or from a recognized university;
5 years of experience in journalism, strategic communications, public information, or international relations;
To demonstrate in-depth knowledge of strategies and guidelines for internal communication and the production of innovative platforms for promoting internal communication in Ecovas;
Develop knowledge and productive relationships of communication, information, and public relations and skills to handle diplomatic sensitive situations with a skilled audience.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.