The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has requested interested and eligible candidates to fill the application for Principal Officer, Library, Documentation & Research Recruitment 2020.
Candidates interested in applying for the post of ECOWAS Principal Officer, Library, Documentation & Research can view the full article to know more.
We publish on eajobscorner.com only after getting verified and authentic information on job recruitment.
Read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlist candidates, and other information.
Position: Principal Officer, Library, Documentation & Research
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Parliament
Annual Salary: UA66, 123.98, USD104, 330.42
Duty Station: Abuja
Division: Library, Documentation & Research
Line Supervisor: Director, Parliamentary Affairs and Research
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for apply: 31st October 2020
Job Role Overview:
The efficient functioning of the present Parliamentary Library under the supervision of the Director, Parliamentary Affairs, and Research will be in line with the best practices in order to meet the information and knowledge requirements as well as excellent research and documentation services. Parliament.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide general orientation in the running of the division;
- Planning, coordination, and supervision of division work;
- Supervision of library staff to ensure the delivery of services that meet the standards and requirements of a regional parliament;
- View collection, development, and management of information resources according to international best practices
- Conduct and coordinate research on areas of interest aimed at supporting Parliament and its committees.
- Deploy staff for research for individual members of parliament and committees.
- Contribute technical advice to management on policies and practices on all library and research-related matters.
- Compile relevant statistics and data for publication.
- Ensure timely and effective collection of parliamentary records and documents.
- The ECOWAS represent parliament in inter-institutional meetings, with a delegation of authority to commit the institution to policy issues within defined areas of functional responsibility.
- Coordinate the use of new technologies to enhance the services provided in the division
- Prepare division budget
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Postgraduate degree in Library and Information Science or related field from a recognized university.
10 years of professional experience in public with 5 years at the supervisory level;
Experience in documentation support functions such as reference and terminology, editing and handling of official documentation is a resource. Experience with financial information management systems such as Documentation, Performance and Documentation, Conference and Production Management Systems (DCPMS) and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems such as SAP / UMOJA;
Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts, and methods in a particular field, functional area, or any other specific area;
Complete knowledge of ECOWAS rules and regulations regarding meeting documentation and control.
Good academic knowledge of a wide range of subjects
Experience working in the National or Regional Parliament will be an added benefit.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to email@example.com.