Are you searching for work in ECOWAS Nigeria, here is the job information related to ECOWAS Recruitment 2020? Information about every job published here is accurate.
There is a vacancy for the post of Programme Officer Food Security and Nutrition in Ecowas. If you want to apply for this job then you have to fill the ECOWAS job application form and send it to the email id given.
Read about Ecowas recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
Position: Programme Officer Food Security and Nutrition
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Commission
Grade: P3, P4
Annual Salary: UA49,106.81,USD77480.72/UA56,591.37,USD89,289.87
Duty Station: Abuja
Department: Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources
Line Supervisor: Principal Proramme Officer Agriculture
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for apply: 10th November 2020
Job Role Overview:
The Principal Programme Officer Agriculture will oversee and coordinate the actions of the ECOWAS Commission in the field of food crisis prevention, plant pests and diseases, and support national agricultural early warning systems, under the supervision of agriculture.
Job Role And Responsibilities:
- Ensure development, monitoring, and implementation of agricultural policies, regulations, and regional food and nutritional security strategies
- Support the administration of food and nutritional security in the ECOWAS region
- Coordinating development and monitoring and evaluation/capitalization for ECOWAS response plans in relation to regional and international institutions such as UEMOA, WFP, FAO, UNICEF, NGO, etc.
- Formulation, development, and drafting of regulations, guidelines, conventions, etc. in agriculture;
- Organize ECOWAS and states’ participation in international standards bodies: especially CODEX and WTO-SPS committees, etc.
- Member States of the International Conventions, Guidelines, and Rules on Support Supremacy and Agriculture within the ECOWAS Commission;
- Implementing regional mechanisms for food crisis prevention and management
- Monitoring and coordinating agricultural early warning system
- Contribute to the popularization of innovations in food and nutritional security, knowledge sharing, and skill transfer
- Serve as the focal point and harmonize framework ECOWAS-UEMOA-CILSS-PAM-FAO of the PREGEC system
- Formation and proposal of regional projects and works on food and nutrition security to raise international funds
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Agro-Economics, Agronomy, Nutrition, Phytosanitary Issues, Rural Development or related field or similar field from a recognized university
And at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of agricultural and nutritional science, research and development and phylogenetic issues,
, Program manager, project manager and extensive experience as programs,
Demonstrated experience on issues related to climate change, biotechnology and biosecurity issues, adaptation of agriculture to nutrition.
Good knowledge of agricultural food and nutrition issues and problems in the area ECOWAS;
/ Skills in drafting projects/programs, in defining agricultural policies, in strategic planning or in the institutional and regulatory framework;
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to email@example.com.