Are you searching for work in ECOWAS Nigeria, here is the job information related to ECOWAS Recruitment 2020? Information about every job published here is accurate.
There is a vacancy for the post of Principal Program Officer, System Management and Planning in Ecowas. If you want to apply for this job then you have to fill the ECOWAS job application form and send it to the email id given.
Read about Ecowas recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
Position: Principal Program Officer, System Management and Planning
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Commission
Annual Salary: UA66, 123.98, USD104, 330.42
Duty Station: Abuja
Department: Office of the Vice President
Division: System Management and Planning
Line Supervisor: Director, Early Warning
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for apply: 10th November 2020
Job Role Overview:
The director, who oversees the early warning, will oversee the administrative and technical functions of the early warning system. The nature of early warning requires a broad understanding of human and nature-induced crises/conflicts and forms the basis of the multi-disciplinary work of profiles.
Job Role And Responsibilities:
- Design of the Early Warning System and ensures its daily functionality and maintenance, which includes all components; i.e. equipment, hardware, software, databases, and users throughout the network;
- Conceptualize, designing and planning early warning strategies and methodologies;
- Organize work across the network (Headquarters, National Mechanisms, Continental early Warning System);
- Support and develop capacities of other divisions of the directorate;
- Estimating and Allocating resources;
- Ensure effective and efficient tracking and reporting progress;
- Analyze results based on the facts achieved;
- Forecast future trends in IT and geo-information related acquisitions;
- Maintain cooperation with key individuals and organizations (UN, AU, Regional Communities, Civil Society, development partners) concerned with the use of Early Warning System;
- Ensure Quality management in line with international best practices;
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Project Management, Economics, Geo-Information Systems, Information Technology, Environmental Science, Social Science or a similar field from a recognized University;
10 years of progressively responsible experience in security, disarmament, conflict resolution, as well as 2 years relevant international work and 2 years at a supervisory level;
Knowledge of ECOWAS Conflict Analysis Framework and policies guidelines of the Protocol Relating to the Mechanism for Conflict Prevention, Management Resolution, Peacekeeping & Security and the 20001 Supplementary Protocol on Good Governance;
Demonstrated expertise in the implementation of an early warning system with a gender perspective including the management of a network on early warning;
Experience in the planning and management of Crisis related Information systems and programmes, including at least five years of working familiarity with geospatial Information technologies and applications;
Familiarity with national, regional, and international conventions/other legal tools and policies.
Ability to maintain cooperation with key organizations concerned with the use of Early Warning System and evaluate international situations and other human security, particularly on public health, agriculture, and environmental issues, within the West African region.
Demonstrated familiarity with ECOWAS programmes, initiatives, rules and regulations and ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
Demonstrated experience in network development and knowledge management;
Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation processes;
Proven knowledge of the regional sectoral development issues.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to email@example.com.