The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has requested interested and eligible candidates to fill the application of ECOWAS Principal Accountant, Finance Recruitment 2020.
Candidates interested in applying for the post of ECOWAS Principal Accountant, Finance can view the full article to know more.
We publish on eajobscorner.com only after getting verified and authentic information on job recruitment.
Read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlist candidates, and other information.
Position: Principal Accountant, Finance
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Parliament
Annual Salary: UA66, 123.98, USD104, 330.42
Duty Station: Abuja
Division: Finance Division
Line Supervisor: Director, administration. & finance
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: email@example.com
Last date for apply: 31st October 2020
Job Role Overview:
Under the supervision of the Director, Administration, and Finance, the incumbent will ensure efficient and effective management of financial resources in Parliament.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Planning, coordinating, and supervising the work of the Finance Department and its employees;
- Oversee all budget and financial work;
- Implement accounting policy and ensure compliance with ECOWAS financial regulations; Ensure that the best accounting practices are in place as well as adequate control over the resources of the organization;
- Assist the Director of Administration and Finance in formulating and preparing the annual budget of Parliament;
- Ensuring compliance with accounting procedures in the preparation of accounting documents;
- Prepare quarterly budget performance reports and forecasts for management and bureaucracy as well as financial control and internal monitoring;
- To prepare interim time and budget performance reports for parliamentary committees on economic policy and budget control;
- Manage and ensure that all financial activities pertaining to bank reconciliation preparation, recording and recording of fixed assets, receipt and disbursement, as well as preparation of final accounts, including inventory control, are carried out properly;
- During the preparation of the annual final accounts of Parliament for examination by an external auditor;
- Contact the Ecovas Commission regarding the request for funds for the conduct of Parliament and the disclosure of funds;
- Follow all audits related to finance from the Auditor General and external auditors;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Master’s degree in Accounting and Finance from a recognized University.
10 years of progressively responsible experience in a complex organizational environment, in budget formulation, financial monitoring, accounting and financial reporting, of which at least 2 years relevant international work and 2 years at a supervisory level;
Demonstrated practical knowledge of relevant financial accounting principles and concepts to perform tasks in accordance with the generally accepted Accounting Principles and Standards of relevance to public sector and international organizations;
Demonstrated professional competence and mastery of subject matter; accounting best practices, financial policies (e.g. revenue, accounts payable);
Knowledge of financial and budgetary principles and practices, budget development, and financial administration of resources;
International work experience in finance and budget operations would be an added advantage;
Professional Qualifications such as ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.