The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has requested interested and eligible candidates to fill the application of Principal Officer, Communication Recruitment 2020.
Candidates interested in applying for the post of ECOWAS Principal Officer, Communication can view the full article to know more.
We publish on eajobscorner.com only after getting verified and authentic information on job recruitment.
Read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlist candidates, and other information.
Position: Principal Officer, Communication
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Parliament
Annual Salary: UA66, 123.98, USD104, 330.42
Duty Station: Abuja
Line Supervisor: Secretary-General
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: email@example.com
Last date for apply: 31st October 2020
Job Role Overview:
Under the supervision of the Secretary-General, the person in charge will ensure the effective dissemination of information and its activities to the citizens of all communities in Parliament. This will ensure enhanced and sustainable visibility of the activities and programs of the Parliament.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- To plan, coordinate, and oversee the work of the communications department by managing communications risks and opportunities.
- Leading the formulation of communication policies to effectively disseminate information to all members of the community in Parliament.
- Partners with the relevant authorities of the organization to effectively communicate specific messages aimed at the group/audience.
- Prepare a communication plan to drive the organization’s strategic plan and monitor and evaluate its impact within the framework of desired outcomes.
- Create an annual action plan, including budget estimates, for departmental programs drawn from the overall organizational strategic plan.
- Identify or recommend appropriate communication infrastructure for Parliament in accordance with ECOWAS policy.
- Ensuring effective communication between relevant government ministries and agencies, civil society organizations, partner agencies, through the main forum media, various platforms for various stakeholders and MPs, MPs, community organization employees, bloggers, and new media community. Religious/cultural leaders, influencers and opinion-makers, common people, etc.
- Participate in the production of publications, audio-visual documentaries, and promotional / PR materials in Parliament, as well as ensuring wide distribution among various relevant promoters.
- Advise management on issues that may affect the image and reputation of the organization
- Work as a web editor on the organization’s website; Edit web content and ensure quick/real-time content updates using the Content Management System (CMS) to ensure adequate web presence for the organization; Rewrite or optimize content for Parliament’s website, Intranet, as well as official social media platforms. Develop new content and editorial guides.
- Draft speeches, publications, press releases, and reviews.
- To promote public awareness and sensitivity in the activities and programs of the Parliament
- Responsible for the general administration of the department, periodically assessing the human and material resources needs and sending it to the management for taking appropriate action.
- Supervise the training of end-users to ensure optimal use of communication infrastructure to advance the curriculum of Parliament.
- Establish and establish a permanent network of specialized and dedicated media personnel in each member state and internationally.
- Do other things as needed
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in journalism, public relations, mass communication, or related field from a recognized University.
10 years of responsible experience in journalism, communications, public relations, of which at least 2 years relevant international work and 2 years at a supervisory level;
Proven competence in developing content and implementing complex communications strategies to broaden awareness of Programmes and priorities;
Knowledge in drafting communication strategies and plans in order to ensure visibility across key audiences, including the media;
Competence in developing content and implementing complex strategic communications strategies to broaden awareness of Programmes and priorities and increase their visibility across key audiences, including the media;
Knowledge to provide sound editorial judgment, including on politically sensitive issues, and to make decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the organization.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.