Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) offers job opportunities to anyone who is unemployed and needs a job. You can apply for the following ECOWAS Recruitment 2020.
ECOWAS is recruiting to fill the position of Translator English/French on a permanent basis for Dakar, Senegal, West Africa. Interested candidates can apply till 19 November 2020.
This is a verified and certified job whose information has been published here.
Let us read about ECOWAS Translator English/French Recruitment Updates, Current Status, Job Title, Requirements, Applications, Shortlisted Candidates, and other information.
Position Title: Translator English/French
Recruitment Institute/Agency/Company/Organization: GIABA – ECOWAS
Job Location: Dakar, Senegal, West Africa
Mini. Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in translation from an accredited/ recognized University;
Salary (Annual): UA43,414.62 USD68,449.59 / UA50,354.45 USD79,449.26
Other details: 5 years of experience in translation, revision, and technical writing;
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
How to Apply: By email
Last Date for Application: 19th November 2020
Under the supervision of the reviser, the translator will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
Translate texts from English to French for an organization that uses repeated terms related to law, crime prevention, rule of law and money laundering and other terms related to financing terrorism.
- Current law will provide correspondence translation services from English to French for an institution that consistently uses terminology related to crime prevention, rule of law, and other terminology on money laundering and terrorism financing.
- Contribute to the promotion of consistent and uniform terminology in GIABA documents.
- Ensuring an efficient periodic reporting on the activities and results achieved to the Director of Administration and Finance;
- Ensure timely revision of documents;
- Identify changes, trends, inconsistencies, and linguistic variations in various areas of the terminology used in the fight against money laundering and financing of terrorism;
- Conduct linguistic research and documentation of multilingual vocabulary publications (bulletins, glossaries, glossaries, notes, and related material);
- Ensure maintenance and updating of database and linguistic vocabulary content;
- Make efficient use of computer-aided translation to deliver translation services as necessary from time to time;
- Undertake specific missions, independently, at the request of the reviser
- Any other work may be assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Translation from a recognized university;
5 years of experience in translation, revision, and technical writing;
Proven knowledge of computer-aided translation tools, machine translation tools, and on-screen editing tools;
In-depth knowledge of the structure and content of language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, grammar, and history.
How to apply
The last date to apply is 19th November 2020.
To apply, download the ECOWAS Job Application Form from here.
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.