Summit Recruitment’s Client, a global management consulting firm operating in Kenya, is looking to recruit a Group CFO.
He/she will have the responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
This will include systems, processes, internal controls, audits, taxation, budgeting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, strategy, and all other accounting matters in the organisation.
The successful candidate MUST have prior working experience with multinational corporations at a CFO level.
Job Title: Group CFO
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Career Level: Executive Level
Salary: Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 700,000 – 750,000 (Approx. 7,000 – 7,500 USD) depending on individual skills and experience
Deadline: 30th December 2020
- Providing leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting team.
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the management team.
- Overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and long-term business and financial planning.
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders.
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR, and IT-related procedures.
- Take a proactive part in working capital decisions in terms of customer credit policy and payables management.
- Handle borrowing from various sources including banks and manage relationships with lenders.
- Prepare to roll cash flow forecast every month and advise a course of action to prevent any cash deficit.
- Comply with all tax laws and commercial laws including VAT, withholding tax, payroll taxes, Company tax, etc. by filing accurate returns and payment of taxes within due dates, implement systems and provide training to staff so as to ensure compliance regularly with accuracy.
- Handle all insurance policies and claims in the best interest of the company at an optimum cost.
- Ensure that all the assets of the company are adequately insured throughout the year and the company is protected from all possible risks in line with business requirements.
- Handle statutory audits, internal audits, tax revenue authority, and other financial audits in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Train, motivate, and manage finance staff to ensure they are well equipped and meet their performance objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (an MBA is an advantage).
- Chartered accountancy qualification a must.
- Must have a CPA K / ACCA with at least 10 years in the senior financial position.
- Commercial experience at a leadership level in business.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, task orientated.
- Demonstrated ability to manage key relationships.
- Strength of character, the conviction to rationally promote an idea/concept, objectively evaluate options and justify recommendations/decisions.
- Demonstrated credibility across all levels of an organisation, and with internal and external clients.
How to apply
Interested candidates click here to apply online and visit the Summit Recruitment website for other openings.