Wema Bank offers Head, Learning & Development jobs. The last date to apply is 17th December 2021 so all interested candidates may apply for Wema Bank Head, Learning & Development job on time.
Responsible for managing the Bank’s training programmes and initiatives ensuring that staff are equipped with the right competencies and skills required to maximize returns on Bank’s investment and for optimal productivity
Wema Bank Head, Learning & Development Job Opportunities
Learning & Development
- Manage the process of identifying training needs and competency gaps to help organize necessary training to fill the gaps
- Plan, develop, design, and conduct training programs for staff in line with budget limits and the bank’s strategy
- Monitor the implementation of training programs and initiatives to ensure the effectiveness
- Evaluate the impact of training on staff performance to measure training effectiveness
- Supervise and lead reporting line officers
- Participate in committee meetings and project assignments
- Provide coaching for staff of the unit for career development and better job proficiency
- Managing and monitoring the team of Recruiters and also providing assistance to them
- Researching and recommending the latest sourcing tools and recruiting software (e.g. ATS)
- Participating in the strategic planning of the Bank regarding employee engagement and development
- Overseeing and improving the overall learning experience
- Lead for implementing and overseeing an efficient, quality-driven learning strategy with consistent, transparent, and cost-effective processes.
- Manage the bank’s overall learning & development strategy and contribute to long-term financial and workforce objectives.
- Develops innovative learning & development strategies and procedures and ensures that there is a consistent and positive learning experience, which increases the prospects of development and retention of talent for the business.
- Delivers analytical reports on the results, impacts, and cost-effectiveness of the current learning & development strategies and uses this information to identify trends and adjust the learning strategies in order to optimize the impact of the learning & development team.
- Monitor, coach and guide the Learning & Development team.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Builds organizational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation, and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
- Promotes a culture where the values of the Bank are seen to be ‘alive’
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources or relevant field
List of specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities required for effective performance on the job.
- Ability to lead continuous organisational change and development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-structured reports and briefs.
- The ability to build good relationships and partnerships with key influencers across the organisation.
- The ability to make logical, well-balanced, and reasoned decisions.
- Able to proactively develop team dynamics and performance, ensuring quality standards are consistently achieved.
- A commitment to people development and the organisational values and behaviors that underpins the culture and value of the Bank.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to deliver projects to plan, and cost and quality.
- Emotional resilience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm and confidence
- Minimum of 10 years in core HR experience or in a similar role
- CIPM or SPHR is a plus
How to apply