The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks applicants suitable for the position of Head of and Data Management at the project site of the Institute.
All eligible applicants interested can apply for IITA Head of and Data Management Recruitment. Read this page till the end of all job-related information.
EaJobsCorner always believes in published verified and authentic information.
To apply, read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
IITA Nigeria Head of and Data Management Recruitment 2020
Job Title: Head of IT and Data Management
Company: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Job Ref.: DDG-CS/HIT/DM/10/20
Job Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Min. Requirements: MSc or equivalent degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
Application Mode: Apply Online
Last date for the application: 29 November 2020
The Head of IT and Data Management will be responsible for the coordination, planning, and leadership of IT and data management at IITA. The candidate must lead and coordinate business information systems, infrastructure, and telecom and data management teams, all led by experienced managers.
They will also demonstrate IITA on the IGIR IT platform and are expected to work closely with CGIR IT partners to implement shared IT services to facilitate IIT, our research, and services.
We are thus looking for a highly technically skilled, experienced, flexible, and motivated leader, a person with excellent interpersonal skills who can bring our IT and data management to the international level and provide great services to our users.
Heads of IT and Data Management report to Deputy Director-General of Corporate Services
Candidate should have a minimum MSc or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- At least 10 years of work experience in any international, multicultural organization or organization.
- Specialization in at least two of the three teams.
- Great working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and system administration, database and data storage systems, data management, and phone systems.
- Tough criticism and decision-making skills.
- Firmly grips and manages best practices in IT infrastructure.
- Understanding and knowledge about risk systems in IT systems and cybersecurity.
- Strong technical skills, especially towards the software, and knowledge about Oracle (Financial, Supply Chain, Project Management and M&E) and / or Dynamics (Payroll and HR) ERP will be an advantage.
- Agricultural oncology will benefit from good work experience, knowledge of the life cycle of application development, and FIAR data concepts as well as open access and open data experience.
- Awareness of gender, diversity, and inclusion and strong cultural awareness.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Good proficiency in English; Knowledge of French will be an advantage.
How to apply
The application form should include a covering letter, which should include specific responsibilities for the candidate’s background/experience positions, course vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (including the applicant’s current past head), and the head of the applicant’s direct supervisor / his / her present or Former workplace improved).
The application should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource Services. Fill out our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/careers