NPF Microfinance Bank intends to recruit qualified candidates for the post of Litigation Officer in its Legal Department. If you consider yourself to be the right candidate for this post then apply now.
Also know about the NPF Microfinance Bank Litigation Officer Recruitment 2021 job description, responsibility, or requirements.
Job title: Litigation Officer
- Category: Legal
- Job Type: Full Time
- Probationary Period: 6 months
- Location: Lagos
- Application mode: Online
- Application deadline: not specified
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Review, draft, and vetting of court processes and pleadings served on the bank and those to be filed on behalf of the bank.
- Perform legal research, investigate facts, and examine information about cases involving the Bank. Procuring relevant documentation and information required to support the Bank’s processes in litigation. Analyze cases and guide external Solicitors.
- Make recommendations & give advice to Management for matters to be resolved amicably, where applicable as well as advise Branches on proper documentation of evidence.
- Occasionally working with the compliance department to ensure adherence to laws and practices to prevent litigation on the bank.
- Guidance across all areas and geographies to ensure losses arising from litigation are minimized, and legal issues carrying negative reputational consequences are avoided.
- Provide the legal framework for recovery action and/or the realization of the securities by issuing demand letters, appointment, and formalization of appointment of Receiver/Managers, Auctioneers at the instance of Classified Assets Management Department, Credit Risk Management Department and Business units.
- Conduct searches on Case files in various Court Registries which outcomes are used to support the Bank’s position in litigations and another tussle for interest.
- Attend court sessions and watch brief on behalf of the Bank.
- Respond to complaints sent in by External Lawyers on behalf of their clients and convene meetings to resolve issues raised to avoid litigation and mitigate loss by the Bank.
- Maintain the Litigation Schedules and other relevant schedules of the bank.
- Rendition of monthly reports to the Company Secretary as well as other relevant Units on the pending litigations involving the bank. Ensure that reports to relevant stakeholders are prepared and sent out as and when due or when required.
- Attend to garnishee and other injunctive court processes/orders involving the Bank in liaison with Internal Audit, External solicitors, and other related parties. Managing the bank’s compliance with court orders including Garnishee Proceedings.
- Respond to inquiries/demands from, and interfaces with, Law Enforcement Agencies with respect to a wide range of the Bank’s activities, including the Nigeria Police, Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, and Economic & Financial Crimes Commission; accompany staff members of the bank to honor official invitations by these bodies and provides external counsel support, including an arrangement for bail in deserving cases.
- 7 years of relevant experience in a reputable law firm
- Vast experience in civil and criminal litigation & mediation
- Good understanding of court practices
- Proactive, Organized & Coordinated, Efficient & Effective in the use of MS Packages, Analytical, ability to work under pressure with a calm disposition.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Good interpersonal skill
How to apply
Interested applicants can submit their CV on the Careers Portal of NPF Microfinance Bank to apply.