“Logistics Technical Assistant Job at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)” NRC is looking for a Logistics Technical Assistant for field office in Pulka, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Logistics/Procurement Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Pulka, Borno State.
The Logistics Technical Assistant reports to the Field Coordinator with Technical reporting line to the Logistics Officer.
|Job||Logistics Technical Assistant – Pulka/Gwoza (Nigerian Nationals Only)|
|Location||Pulka, Borno State, Nigeria|
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Plan, schedule and monitor transport of staff and material/equipment according to demands and procedures
- Ensure that NRC generators in the field office are maintained on a regular basis and prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles & Generators
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, and dispatch of all assets from the Monguno Office ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for the same.
- Ensure that assets are tagged and all asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Assist the Logistics Officer with Physical Asset count, preparing of Logistics and documents as may be required.
- Be responsible for the procurements within the location
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and drivers’ procedures
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident reports, etc are filled appropriately.
- Keep a log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
- University degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Kanuri, Hausa)
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a Logistics department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humor is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We can offer
- Commencement: April 2020
- Duration: 9 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Pulka with occasional travels. Travel outside Pulka is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.