Ministry of External Affairs Ghana Recruitment Portal is open. Applications are invited for the post of English Translator/Revisor, P-4.
Online application is required for the services of P-4, an English translator/reviser for international purposes.
If you want to apply for this recruitment then the Ministry of External Affairs Ghana portal is open for you.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ghana Recruitment 2022-2023
Job Title: English Translator/Revisor, P-4
Under the overall direction of the Registrar and under the supervision of the Head of Language Services, the person in charge ensures efficient translation and correction of texts and documents from French to English.
Responsible for, among other things:
- To translate legal texts, documents, publications, and other texts of the tribunal and its registry from French to English;
- Editing and revising legal text, publications, and informational materials, verifying relevant references and quotes;
- Coordinate the work of internal and external English translators;
- Conducting vocabulary research and dictionary compilation;
- To perform any other functions required by the functions of the tribunal.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least seven years’ work experience in translation, including experience performing revision functions in an international organization such as international judicial bodies.
- English mother tongue and excellent command of French, full computer literacy, and familiarity with computer tools for translators.
- Familiarity with the terminology of the law of the sea, international law, and related areas would be an advantage.
- To have passed the United Nations competitive examination for translators would be a great advantage.
An initial two-year fixed-term renewable contract, attractive tax-free salary with United Nations benefits and allowances
How to apply for Ministry of External Affairs Ghana Recruitment
Applications should be sent to:
Head of Personnel,
International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea
The completed ITLOS personal history form (P11) must be received at the Tribunal no later than 28 February 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The P11 form can be found on the Tribunal’s website at www.itlos.org