The Nakuru County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the position of Deputy Director Administration / Sub-County Administrator in the County Government of Nakuru Public service.
Job Title: Deputy Director Administration / Sub-County Administrator
Department: Public Service Training and Devolution
No. of Position: Ten (10)
Vacancy Number: 04/2022/01
Job Group: ‘Q’
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 99,900 – Ksh. 133,870 p.m.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have served in the grade of Assistant Director Administration Services/ Deputy County Administrator, for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Public Sector;
- Have a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration, Business Administration/Management, Community Development or any other Social Science from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines is an added advantage: Public Administration, Business Administration/Management, Community Development or any other Social Science from a recognized institution;
- Have a Diploma in advance Public Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications; and
- Have demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and results;
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level may be deployed at the County Headquarters or in the County Field Offices. Duties and responsibilities will entail:
a) At County Headquarters
- Implementing, reviewing, and interpreting administrative policies, strategies, procedures, and programmes;
- Managing and supervising the general administration services;
- Implementing public service reforms;
- Facilitating maintenance of infrastructure and facilities;
- Planning and coordinating office accommodation; and
- Managing county government assets;
b) At Sub County Field Offices
- Ensuring service delivery in the area of jurisdiction;
- Facilitating mobilization and ensuring prudent utilization of resources;
- Facilitating citizen participation in the development of policies, plans, and delivery of services in the area of jurisdiction;
- Facilitating intra and inter-governmental relations and conflict resolutions;
- Overseeing safe custody of government assets in the area of jurisdiction;
- Ensuring compliance with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements in the area of jurisdiction;
- Ensuring compliance with national values and principles of good governance;
- Identifying development projects;
- Disseminating information to the public; and
- Providing linkage between the office and the community.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are required to make applications by downloading and completing an employment application form from the County Government of Nakuru website www.nakuru.go.ke
A duly filled employment application form and copies of National ID, KCSE, DEGREE/DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATE as applicable should be sent through the POST OFFICE or COURIER SERVICES in a sealed envelope on or before 7th February 2022 (No hand delivered applications will be accepted).
Clearly indicate the vacancy number and position applied for, on top of the envelope and address to;
Nakuru County Public Service Board
Public Works Building- Prisons Road
P.O Box 2870-20100
The County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women, and Persons Living with Disabilities, Marginalized and Minority communities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please be informed that Nakuru County Public Service Board DOES NOT USE AGENTS nor CHARGE ANY FEE for its services. Candidates are advised to be cautious of fraudsters who call asking for money in regards to advertised vacancies. Report any such calls to your nearest police station.
Please do not give out any money!!!
Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above address and official cellphone number: 0796848192.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Other vacancies available in The Nakuru County Public Service Board’s Public Service Training and Devolution Department: