African Development Bank is looking for a well-educated person who can fulfill the position of Principal Investment Officer Job 2021.
If you have at least A Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline, then you are entitled to an eligible candidate for this position.
Job title: Principal Investment Officer, SNOU
Job N°: 50086960
Duty station: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Closing date: 12-Feb-2021
The Investment Officer will use in-depth knowledge and experience to deliver resolution strategies for problem projects and demonstrate strong leadership skills for direct reports in the unit as well as internal and external interactions and consensus-building.
S / he leverages prior project knowledge from portfolio managers who may be highly valued temporary members of a tailored SNOU JOGFY or joint venture team and will bring a new vision and objective thinking to the best path forward for the underperforming project. S / he will lead others in rapid diagnosis of distressing conditions and design and implement optimal rehabilitation and exit strategies; Keep in mind the specific features and issues for each project.
The incumbent may also be invited from time to time to follow the Credit Risk Committee (CRC) investment process and board approval process to bring its experience to the bank’s attention. S / he will also represent the bank professionally with external parties, including auditors, government representatives, co-investors, central banks, regulatory and technical and DFI conferences.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of the Unit (SNOU), the Investment Officer will do the following:
- Monitoring the financial and operational performance of impaired projects, offering recovery solutions and impact execution and implementation of agreed workout strategies;
- Prepare regular reports on all project resolution activities as required;
- Identifying lessons learned to disseminate SNOU’s workout experience to other investment departments within the bank to assist portfolio management in identifying warning signs in the first phase and improving quality upon entry;
- Preparation of financial forecasts and conducting cash flow analysis to determine the borrowing capacity of borrowers and return on equity investments, participate in the due diligence of companies and for investment proposals (eg business sales, restructuring, refinancing), and Presentation of documents. , Loans for withdrawal, workout, enforcement and insolvency procedures, equity swaps, or any other hedge approach);
- Conduct business reviews to understand the issues facing companies and offer practical solutions; Interaction with accountants, legal, financial and regional advisors; Interaction with senior management of investment companies; Liaising with other co-investors and DFIs and building financial and valuation models as needed;
- Prepare an action plan and separate resolution options for each non-performing or impaired investment company for the SNOU chief and other team members, including the recommendation to submit to internal CRC, including problem-solving solutions The strategies recommended to do and adapt require over-arching developmental protection. Bank order and reducing any reputational fall.
- Prepare internal papers and memoranda for investment proposals.
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, finance, or related discipline.
- Professional qualification in accounting, legal, or banking is a strong advantage.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant progressive experience.
- A formal bankruptcy practitioner license/membership of professional trade bodies is a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated track record and professional experience working in a workout or recovery team for a bank or financial institution; Or worked for a large accounting or consulting firm advising clients on workouts, restructuring, or non-performing investments or portfolios.
- There is a diverse geographic experience both for investing and divesting in a wide variety of businesses. Experience in international investment is a must.
- Experience adding value to investment and/or project finance with private equity funds will be an advantage
- Ability to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of unrelated management teams, recommend changing or improving teams in investment companies.
- Sound business decisions with creative problem-solving skills and the ability to think later to solve problems; And the ability to apply innovative approaches and new methods to solve problems while remaining efficient in a fast-paced, changing and challenging institutional environment.
- Strong analytical and modeling ability and ability to lead transactions from establishment to completion.
- Influencing advanced corporate interactions and skills in workout and investment situations.
- Solid experience in project management and cross-functional working with diverse teams.
- Estimate the team skills required to lead a special team and analyze tasks from multiple stakeholders’ perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective and punctual, well-determined recommendations or decisions.
- Strong communication skills
- And the ability to deliver results that meet the needs and interests of customers within and outside the institution. Understanding cultural sensitivity is key to this role
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management environment, as a team leader and team member.
- Dealing with sensitivity in a multi-cultural environment and building effective working relationships with customers and colleagues
- capacity of.
- Demonstrates integrity, sound judgment, and the highest ethical standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English or French, with working knowledge of the second language.
- Competence in using bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Ability to provide strategic advice to the bank on emerging financial and development issues as well as corporate issues.
How to apply
If you are a well-educated person and consider yourself eligible for this position, click here and submit an online application otherwise go to African Development Bank Career Portal for information related to other vacancies.