The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has requested interested and eligible candidates to fill the application for Principal Officer Legal Services & Research Recruitment 2020.
Candidates interested in applying for the post of ECOWAS Principal Officer Legal Services & Research can view the full article to know more.
We publish on eajobscorner.com only after getting verified and authentic information on job recruitment.
Read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlist candidates, and other information.
Position: Principal Officer Legal Services & Research
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: Ecowas Community Court of Justice
Annual Salary: UA66, 123.98, USD104, 330.42
Duty Station: Abuja
Division: Legal Services & Research
Line Supervisor: Director, Research and Documentation
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: email@example.com
Last date for apply: 12th December 2020
Job Role Overview:
The Director, under the supervision of research and documentation, shall write legal opinions and reports on various matters relating to the judicial functions of the court and its day-to-day functioning while providing legal assistance, overseeing legal research and documentation. Court staff and other services as required.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Conducting legal research and analysis on scheduled issues, monitoring staff performance, and leading research team in ensuring the quality of work and output supply within the stipulated time frame;
- Identify and apply stimulus formulation and innovative research methods, provide guidance and leadership across research methods, through data collection and analysis for sound incentives, comprehensive agreements and partnership agreements, and writing rigorous academic paper presentations;
- Design and initiative projects on the development of research materials, including content reports, legal libraries, court indicators, practice guides, and literature reviews within the jurisdiction;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of legal research strategies, policies, guidelines, and procedures in accordance with legal requirements, international standards, and professional best practices;
- Provide regular performance feedback to the director and share relevant information with the research team as appropriate;
- Prepare budget presentations, develop annual collections and action plans, obtain necessary approvals, monitor implementation, and ensure regular performance reports.
- Study and advice on court rules, practice, and rule of law;
- To supervise and supervise legal research and analysis of matters pending before the court;
- Various legal statements and drafts in the interest of the community;
- To create thematic indicators of a thematic report and the jurisdiction of the court;
- Preparation and review of draft agreements and partnership agreements involving the courts;
- Provide legal advice and assistance to employees on career management in accordance with ECOWAS Staff Regulations;
- Academic papers and presentations related to court conduct and jurisprudence;
- Provide legal assistance and advice to court staff and other services as needed;
- Research and draft legal services annual budget and work schedule;
- Assist the Director in conducting and coordinating research and legal services;
- Directors and representatives as required in the meetings and working sessions of the statutory and ad hoc committees;
- Report to the Director all official activities and functions conducted;
- Perform any other scheduled work.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in law with specialization in human rights and humanitarian law, international law, administrative or economic law from a recognized university;
10 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative law or related fields including relevant international work and 5 years at the supervisory level;
Knowledge of ECOWAS rules and regulations, policies, procedures, and operations;
Demonstrate professional competence and mastery of administrative law and judicial procedures and the ability to review and edit the work of others and manage the functioning of an office and its staff members;
Strong analytical skills and the ability to conduct extensive legal research on a range of issues including a unique or complex nature;
Professional experience in legal representation and practice, including legal research, analysis and writing of court procedures within the judicial system, in the legal office of a law firm or an intergovernmental organization, a state agency or a human rights NGO;
Excellent knowledge of international law and the ability to apply legal expertise in analyzing complex legal issues and developing innovative legal solutions;
Knowledge of the practice and procedure of international courts and tribunals;
Knowledge of regional integration processes and legal issues arising from international and regional mechanisms on the promotion and protection of human rights;
Strong drafting skills and the ability to produce sound legal briefs, presentations, and opinions;
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.