The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has requested interested and eligible candidates to fill the application for Principal Program Officer, Infrastructure Recruitment 2020.
Candidates interested in applying for the post of ECOWAS Principal Program Officer, Infrastructure can view the full article to know more.
We publish on eajobscorner.com only after getting verified and authentic information on job recruitment.
Read about recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlist candidates, and other information.
Position: Principal Program Officer, Infrastructure
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Parliament
Annual Salary: UA66, 123.98, USD104, 330.42
Duty Station: Abuja
Line Supervisor: Director, administration. & finance
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: email@example.com
Last date for apply: 31st October 2020
Job Role Overview:
Under the supervision of the Director, Administration, and Finance, the incumbent will maintain Parliament’s assets and facilities, maintain IT infrastructure and services, ensure security, and manage the transport fleet.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Planning, coordination, and supervision of departmental work and staff;
- To act as a liaison person on matters related to the management, maintenance, redesign, and security of the Parliament Secretariat;
- Coordination and execution of all engineering activities related to the property of Parliament in the field of civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering;
- Contact the headquarters zamindar about maintenance contracts, re-modeling projects, and building security;
- Evaluate, investigate, and report problems with the headquarters building or any other assets used in Parliament. Evaluate and follow insurance arrangements for the building. Recommend for improvement;
- With contractors and service providers to ensure that works and services have been delivered in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the contractual agreement;
- Advice on office accommodation and equipment allocation;
- Conduct security-related matters between the headquarters building and any other building used by Parliament with the assistance of the Security Officer. Ensure the protection of the assets of individuals, equipment, and organizations on these campuses;
- Manage the Parliamentary Transport Fleet with the assistance of the Transport Officer;
- Maintaining excellent IT infrastructure and services with the help of an IT officer;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in civil engineering, public works, electrical/electronic engineering, telecommunications/electronics engineering, water resources engineering, economics, business administration or finance, a master’s degree in infrastructure projects, or a master’s degree in applied science.
10 years of progressive experience in infrastructure analysis applied in the context of a developing country, at least 2 years in relevant international work and 2 years at a supervisory level in policy development processes and programs, planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems and telecommunications;
Knowledge and perception of international assistance by presenting statistics and broad analytical skills, economic concepts and assessments, conflicts, analysis, and evidence/research;
Knowledge of infrastructural rules in-state reconstruction such as the provision of infrastructural services in disasters, conflicts, and post-war situations including emergency measures for different communities (e.g. homeless, refugee cities, rural);
Knowledge of infrastructure project management and development and provision of infrastructure services;
Demonstrate knowledge of information systems and telecommunications technologies for large and complex geographically scattered organizational environments;
Knowledge of enhancing performance management with ICT industry standards, policies and performance standards, services and program execution leadership skills;
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.