Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) offers job opportunities to anyone who is unemployed and needs a job. You can apply for the following ECOWAS Recruitment 2021.
ECOWAS is recruiting to fill the position of Program Officer Disarmament on a permanent basis for Accra, Ghana. Interested candidates can apply till 07th February 2021.
This is a verified and certified job whose information has been published here.
Let us read about ECOWAS Program Officer Disarmament Recruitment Updates, Current Status, Job Title, Requirements, Applications, Shortlisted Candidates, and other information.
Position Title: Program Officer Disarmament
- Recruitment Institute/Agency/Company/Organization: ECOWAS Commission
- Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Mini. Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
- Salary (Annual): UA 49,106.81 USD77,480.72
- Other details: 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Political Affairs;
- Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
- How to Apply: By email
- Last Date for Application: 07th February 2021
Under the supervision of Principal Programme Officer Small Arms, the incumbent shall support the implementation of disarmament programs/activities by providing adequate capacity to the Member States in Arms and Ammunition Stockpile Management including Weapons Marking, Tracing, Collection & Destruction.
The Officer will also undertake the collection of relevant information/data on the status of arms and ammunition administration and management in the region.
- Support elaboration of programs and projects related to disarmament based on emerging threats in the region;
- Support coordination of disarmament programs in the Member States by carrying out the following activities:
- Providing sustainable capacity building on Physical Security and Stockpile Management (PSSM), including training and equipment support;
- Planning and execution of collection and destruction of Arms and Ammunition exercises in the Member States;
- Support the implementation of Weapons Marking & Tracing in the Member States;
- Support in building a regional Database/Roster of Experts in PSSM, Marking & Tracing;
- Support implementation of programs/projects on disarmament, demobilization, and reintegration (DDR);
- Support Mobilization of Resources for the implementation of the Convention on SALW ;
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Political Science, International Relations, Computer Science, or any Social Science or Security related field from a recognized University.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Political Affairs, Governance, Diplomacy, conflict resolution, information management security, or related field;
- Understanding of political, governance and security dynamics, conflict prevention management and resolution;
- Technical competence to conduct information gathering, research, and analysis with modern technology.
- Ability to understand and apply approaches, techniques, and tools that draw on a wide range of inputs and improve the quality and pace of mediation in the coordination of Reginal Political Affairs.
- Experience working in an international organization or at a multi-country level highly desirable;
- Experience in supporting the development of regional and national security policies/strategies will be an advantage;
- Strong knowledge of ECOWAS, AU, and UN policies, strategies, and approached in Small Arms is required;
- Knowledge of relevant instruments of peace and security will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of project management, monitoring, and evaluation of projects;
- Knowledge of the life-cycle approaches in the management of SALW, practical disarmament measures such as physical security and stockpiling of weapons, arms marking, and destruction
- Field experience in weapons management;
- Knowledge of regional, continental and international small arms control obligations and programs on disarmament and non – proliferation;
How to apply
The last date to apply is 07th February 2021.
To apply, download the ECOWAS Job Application Form from here.
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.