International Organization for Migration, IOM Program Support Officer Recruitment 2021. IOM invites interested candidates to submit their applications for Program Support Officer Recruitment by 12 August 2021 through PRISM, the IOM e-recruitment system.
Further information to submit the application for the recruitment of IOM Program Support Officer is given below:
- Job Title: Programme Support Officer
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
- Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Programme Development Coordinator and in close cooperation with Programme Managers (PMs), technical focal points, and colleagues from the Regional Offices, the successful candidate will support the country office’s (CO) activities in the design and development of new programmes/projects as well as for participating in donor liaison and programme reporting for IOM in Nigeria.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated work experience with international organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations, in a multi-cultural setting;
- Demonstrated experience in project development, donor liaison, and reporting activities;
- Previous experience with and knowledge of US and EU funding mechanisms is essential; knowledge of other countries’ funding mechanisms is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in programme and project management including budget planning and monitoring is an advantage;
- Experience in project development and project management, humanitarian and migration-related activities, report writing and liaison with relevant stakeholders required.
- Ability to assume responsibility and demonstrate continuous commitment in delivering and meeting objectives;
- Ability to effectively and independently prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Effectively and professionally coordinates activities with colleagues, partners, local authorities, and other stakeholders to advance country office or regional objectives;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Excellent report writing skills;
- Effective resource management skills and strategic and creative thinking.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 12 August 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment