Are you searching for work in ECOWAS Nigeria, here is the job information related to ECOWAS Recruitment 2020? Information about every job published here is accurate.
There is a vacancy for the post of Programme Officer Agribusiness And Value Chains Development in Ecowas. If you want to apply for this job then you have to fill the ECOWAS job application form and send it to the email id given.
Read about Ecowas recruitment updates, current position, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
Position: Programme Officer Agribusiness And Value Chains Development
Recruitment Agency/Company/Organization/Institute: ECOWAS Commission
Grade: P3, P4
Annual Salary: UA49,106.81,USD77480.72/UA56,591.37,USD89,289.87
Duty Station: Abuja
Department: Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources
Line Supervisor: Principal Programme Officer Agriculture
Age Limit: Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Application Mode: Through Email
Send Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for apply: 10th November 2020
Job Role Overview:
The Principal Programme Officer will oversee and coordinate non-interventionist oversight in the creation of agricultural crop production value disciplines, regional markets, economic, structural, and regulatory environments to enable farmer development under agricultural supervision. Agencies, inter-professional firms, and the private sector.
Job Role And Responsibilities:
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of ECOWAS regulations on seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, SPS standards, etc.
- Participate in the activities of international agricultural regulatory bodies – IPPC, CODEX, EU standards, FAO standards
- Facilitate the analysis and compilation of agrarian systems, agricultural value chains (especially strategic sectors decided by the highest decision-making body of ECOWAS)
- Support the professionalization and structuring of agricultural sectors value chains and related activities in the ECOWAS area (OHADA code versus ECOWAS regulations)
- Support the Development of tools for mastering the technical routes of production and marketing of high value-added agricultural products in the ECOWAS region
- Develop public policy measures and mechanisms to increase market shares for agricultural commodities
Academic Qualifications And Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economy, Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Agri-food or related field or any similar field from a recognized University.
5 years of professional experiences in the field of Agri-business, development of agricultural sectors
Demonstrate practical experiences in the development of agricultural sectors and markets, including sanitary and phytosanitary standards, etc.
Good knowledge of the stakes and problems of the sector of agriculture and food in the ECOWAS area;
Skills in agricultural policy-making, strategic planning, institutional and regulatory frameworks;
Applied knowledge of ECOWAS policies on agriculture and rural development which may relate to specific fields such as ECOWAS policies and regulations
Sound knowledge of logical framework methodology, result-based management, and project
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter to email@example.com.