The Nakuru County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the position of Radiographer I (Therapy Radiographer) in the County Government of Nakuru Public service.
Job Title: Radiographer I (Therapy Radiographer)
No. of Position: ONE (1)
Vacancy Number: 01/2022/04
Job Group: ‘K’
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 38,270 – 51,170 p.m.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor of Science degree in Radiography with Therapy Pathways or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Be proficient in computer applications
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Working with Radiation Oncologist specialist;
- Provision of radiation oncology services by participation in receiving and identifying patients for the diagnostic and therapeutic procedure;
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation of policies, guidelines, and regulations on radiotherapy/radiation oncology services and maintaining radiation safety standards;
- Coordinating and supervising clinical training, students and staff in the unit;
- Assisting the Radiation Oncologist in supervising radiotherapy personnel;
- Monitoring and evaluating quality control/quality assurance programs;
- Maintaining records and appointment schedules and processing, verifying, and maintaining information related to patients;
- Providing care, counseling, and psychosocial support to patients and their relatives before, during, and after therapy;
- Coordinating procurement and ensuring safe custody of radiographic and photographic supplies in the department; and
- Preparing reports on radiographic activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are required to make applications by downloading and completing an employment application form from the County Government of Nakuru website www.nakuru.go.ke A duly filled employment application form and copies of National ID, KCSE, DEGREE/DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATE as applicable should be sent through the POST OFFICE or COURIER SERVICES in a sealed envelope on or before 7th February 2022 (No hand delivered applications will be accepted).
Clearly indicate the vacancy number and position applied for, on top of the envelope and address to;
Nakuru County Public Service Board
Public Works Building- Prisons Road
P.O Box 2870-20100
The County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women, and Persons Living with Disabilities, Marginalized and Minority communities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please be informed that Nakuru County Public Service Board DOES NOT USE AGENTS nor CHARGE ANY FEE for its services. Candidates are advised to be cautious of fraudsters who call asking for money in regards to advertised vacancies. Report any such calls to your nearest police station.
Please do not give out any money!!!
Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above address and official cellphone number: 0796848192.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.