Summit Africa Recruitment & Search is seeking to recruit a Regional Director to lead the organisation in the East and Horn of Africa.
The successful candidate will be part of the global management team and will be responsible for leading and delivering organisation growth and impact.
The ideal candidate must have at least 10 years of experience in a managerial or leadership role for a multi-sectoral international development organisation and/or an equivalent private sector company and understand the East and Horn of Africa context.
Job title: Regional Director
Job Type: Permanent.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Career Level: Executive Level.
Salary: Monthly Gross Salary: Competitive package depending on skills and experience.
Deadline:29th January 2021.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a regional strategy, including appropriate KPIs on what shared success looks like within the region for the Gorta Group.
- Facilitate the transition from an HQ-centralised model to a regional structure in collaboration with the MT and relevant country teams.
- Drive new business development and funding opportunities yourself and with the teams. Build an active pipeline of funding opportunities in collaboration with the wider Gorta Group teams.
- Develop and manage relationships with key regional and national stakeholders.
- Recruit and manage an effective, multi-disciplinary, inclusive regional management team to support quality implementation of country and regional-level projects.
- On-going monitoring and analysis to ensure regional and country programmes are continually adapted to the evolving contexts within the region and are outcomes-driven and evidence-based.
- Strive for seamless coordination between programming and operations within the region and across the Gorta Group entities (Self Help Africa, TruTrade, Partner Africa) to improve the quality of programme and service delivery and cost-effectiveness/value for money.
- Maximize synergies and efficiencies across the Gorta Group entities.
- Improve brand and visibility and act as spokesperson as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in a managerial or leadership role for a multi-sectoral international development organisation and/or an equivalent private sector company.
- Experience in private sector engagement.
- Understanding of the East Africa/Horn of Africa context including experience leading the regional activity.
- Demonstrated expertise in representation and negotiations, and a track record of securing significant new business.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
- Fluency in English.
- Digitally literate with a keen appreciation of how technology and digitalisation can enhance the Gorta Group’s work.
- Experience of working in agriculture/agri-business.
How to apply
Interested candidates click here to apply online and visit the Summit Recruitment website for other openings.
Self Help Africa (part of Gorta Group) – they like to describe the organisation as “the pro-profit non-profit”. That is because they are focused on helping farmers across Africa increase the profitability of their enterprises. For them, growing more is only a part of the solution, earning more from small farms is also a key to ending extreme poverty across the region.