The Nakuru County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Medical Physicist/ Radiation Physicists in the County Government of Nakuru Public service.
Job Title: Senior Medical Physicist/ Radiation Physicists
No. of Position: ONE (1)
Vacancy Number: 01/2022/03
Job Group: ‘N’
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 56,370 – 87,360 p.m.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Physics from a recognized institution;
- Have worked in a busy radiation oncology centre for at least six months;
- A Master’s degree in Medical Physics will be an added advantage; and
- Be proficient in computer applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will work with a Radiation Oncologist specialist. Duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure that radiation machines deliver the correct amount of radiation during a patient’s treatment;
- Work with radiation oncologists to design a treatment schedule;
- Supervise both diagnostic and therapeutic radiographers in the treatment of cancer patients; and
- Administer radioactive drugs to the patients for diagnostic or therapy on radiotherapist, radiologists, nuclear medicine specialist’s prescription
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are required to make applications by downloading and completing an employment application form from the County Government of Nakuru website www.nakuru.go.ke A duly filled employment application form and copies of National ID, KCSE, DEGREE/DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATE as applicable should be sent through the POST OFFICE or COURIER SERVICES in a sealed envelope on or before 7th February 2022 (No hand delivered applications will be accepted).
Clearly indicate the vacancy number and position applied for, on top of the envelope and address to;
Nakuru County Public Service Board
Public Works Building- Prisons Road
P.O Box 2870-20100
The County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women, and Persons Living with Disabilities, Marginalized and Minority communities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please be informed that Nakuru County Public Service Board DOES NOT USE AGENTS nor CHARGE ANY FEE for its services. Candidates are advised to be cautious of fraudsters who call asking for money in regards to advertised vacancies. Report any such calls to your nearest police station.
Please do not give out any money!!!
Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above address and official cellphone number: 0796848192.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.