National Police Service Commission (NPSC), Kenya has started the recruitment process to fill the Director of Criminal Investigations vacancy. In this regard, NPSC has issued an advertisement on its website https://www.npsc.go.ke/.
Interested candidates can visit the NPSC Portal and check the official advertisement for NPSC Director of Criminal Investigations Recruitment Notification here.
Vacancy of NPSC Director of Criminal Investigations
The Commission invites applications from suitably qualified persons who wish to apply for the post of Director of Criminal Investigation.
A person shall be considered eligible for appointment as Director of Criminal Investigation if he/she fulfills the following criteria:-
- be a citizen of Kenya;
- Holds a degree from a recognized university in Kenya;
- Proven experience of at least ten years at the management level of a public institution;
- Having a distinguished career in your field;
- Have knowledge and experience in criminal investigation or policing;
Proven relevant experience in any of the following areas:-
- Change management;
- Government; either
- Public administration; And
- Kenya meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the 2010 Constitution.
Recommended Jobs in Kenya
Interested applicants are expected to get clearance from the following bodies;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Credit Reference Bureau ( CRB)
- Police clearance certificate from DCI
Duties and Responsibilities
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Director of Criminal Investigation, must read this before applying:
- Implementing the decisions of the Inspector General in respect of the Directorate;
- Efficient administration of the Directorate; and
- The day-to-day administration and management of the affairs of the Directorate
- Be responsible for the effective and efficient administration and operations of the Directorate;
- Provide strategic guidance and direction for the Directorate;
- Be responsible for the preparation of the budget and planning for the directorate;
- Monitor and evaluate the Directorate;
- Undertake supervision of the Directorate;
- Coordinate training, research and development in the Directorate;
- Provide internal oversight of the Directorate;
- Improve transparency and accountability in the Directorate.
- Co-operate and engage in joint security operations with the Deputy Inspectors-General of both the Kenya Police Service and the Administration Police Service, other Government departments and security organs, where necessary, when relevant, to ensure the safety and security of the public; and
- Perform any other functions that may be assigned by the Inspector-General under the National Police Service Act or any other law.
How to apply for National Police Service Commission (NPSC) Director of Criminal Investigations recruitment
Each application should be accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of relevant academic and professional testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Scan copies of these documents should accompany an online application.
All applications should be clearly marked “Application for the post of Director of Criminal Investigation”.
Applications should be addressed to: –
National Police Service Commission
Sky Park Plaza , 5th Floor, Woodvale Close, Westlands.
P.O Box 47363 – 00100
Here is another option to submit the application:
Manual applications must be hand delivered to the office of the Commission Secretary/Chief Executive Officer located at 5th Floor Skypark Plaza.
NPSC Online application in PDF format should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants and shortlisted will be published in print media
All applications must be submitted by midnight on or before Thursday, October 6, 2022