WAAW Foundation 2021/2022 Scholarship Application Form Portal is open. Interested students have been given time till 12th November 2021 to submit their applications.
Please read the eligibility criteria carefully before applying. If any discrepancies are noticed in filling the Scholarship Application then they will be automatically removed by the WAAW Foundation.
WAAW Foundation 2021/2022 Scholarship
WAAW Foundation Scholarship offers $500 for need-based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second years are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA, or Ph.D.) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM-focused courses, or Diploma degrees. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
List of accepted and not accepted courses. Note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to the courses listed.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
- All fields of Engineering
- All computer science
- Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
- Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
- Agriculture, Geography, and Statistics, etc.
Not Accepted Courses:
- Core medical courses like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing etc
- Social Science courses
- Art courses.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application will include the following:
- The application form was filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
Related Post: CBK Internship Program 2021 for Young Kenyan Graduates
Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay where to buy modafinil online Reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date?
Describe in ten or fewer sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to us.
A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above, including the list of accepted and unaccepted course in the FAQ link above.